Ubuntu is a very popular operating system. It is free and community-supported. Developers around the world prefer Ubuntu for its great functionality. Ubuntu server is a variant of standard ubuntu, which is specially designed for network and services. Ubuntu server can run from a simple file server application to operating thousands of node cloud. There is a significant difference in the installation process of Ubuntu desktop and server. Where Ubuntu Desktop comes with a graphical user interface that is easy and intuitive to install, Ubuntu Server does not have a graphical program for installation. Source 1: https://www.educba.com/install-ubuntu-server/.
- First wait for the installation wizard to load.
- Select the language you want to have on the Ubuntu server.
- You can also install the updates right now i’ll skip them.
- Choose what keyboard layout you want.
- Set up your network i’m fine with the default option.
- Also set up a proxy if you need it.
- Select mirror.
- Configure storage i use entire disk without lvm group.
- Here is a summary of what disks the ubuntu server will install on i recommend backing up important stuff if you have anything on disk.
- Create a profile.
- You can also install an
OpenSSH-Serverwhich allows you to access the server remotely.
- And you can in this installation step install popular server environments i’ll skip this step for now.
- Wait for the ubuntu server to install.
- Eject the live cd away and press enter after the restart the ubuntu server will be installed.