Windows 8.1 is a release of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft. It was released to manufacturing on August 27, 2013, and broadly released for retail sale on October 17, 2013, about a year after the retail release of its predecessor, and succeeded by Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. Windows 8.1 was made available for download via MSDN and Technet and available as a free upgrade for retail copies of Windows 8 and Windows RT users via the Windows Store. A server counterpart was released on October 18, 2013, entitled Windows Server 2012 R2. Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 8.1 on January 9, 2018, and extended support will end on January 10, 2023. Windows 8.1 aimed to address complaints of Windows 8 users and reviewers on launch. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8.1.
- First, go to this Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows8.
- Below, select the Windows 8.1 edition and confirm. I chose the
Nedition but you can also choose any edition.
- Now choose your language, in my case I'll keep English.
- In the last step, choose whether you want the system in 64-bit or 32-bit architecture. I'm fine with 64-bit architecture.
- Save Windows 8.1.iso file.
- Done! Windows8.1.iso is downloading!
- Windows 8.1.iso is downloaded!